Powdered collagen peptides - Peptan® hydrolyzed collagen
Pickup available at 28 Montague Drive
Usually ready in 24 hours
Pure Peptan® (The world's leading collagen brand) Type I Bovine Collagen peptides / hydrolyzed collagen.
No fillers, no sweeteners, no flavourings. Flavourless and odourless, so you can use it in your coffee, smoothie, baking or add it to your food to boost your health.
Skin improvement with collagen:
Clinical trials on skin with Peptan showed:
- Improvement in wrinkles around the eyes by 13%.
- Improved skin elasticity for younger looking skin by 31%.
- Improved skin hydration for less wrinkles by 28%.
Hair improvement with collagen
Clinical trials on hair with Peptan collagen showed:
- Increase in hair strength by 13%.
- Improved overall hair quality by 67%.
Sports recovery with collagen
Collagen also improved sports recovery.
- Muscle recovery improved by 20%.
- Muscle soreness was reduced by 20%.
Collagen and the effects of ageing
Collagen can help you stay active and with happier joints for longer.
- Improved joint functionality by 22%.
- Decreased joint discomfort by 32%.
- Improved flexibilty by 44%.
What's in it?
Does it work?
Mobility: Peptan offers a holistic approach to support overall mobility
Peptan simultaneously promotes all the connective tissues of healthy agers by stimulating local cells in the target tissues to produce more collagen and other key matrix components. A wide range of studies has demonstrated its benefits for healthy joints2,3 and strong bones4,5,6,7. Collagen peptides also support lean muscle mass and strength8.
JOINT AND BONE HEALTHJoint and bone healthcare is gaining recognition as a vital part of an active and sports-oriented lifestyle and also as a way of maintaining mobility at an older age. This trend offers dietary supplement manufacturers excellent opportunities. Peptan has been proven to improve joint function and flexibility2,3 and to maintain bone health4,5,6,7 – crucial benefits for those who wish to maintain an active lifestyle.
Beauty: Peptan reverses skin aging from within
SKIN BEAUTYPeptan’s multiple anti-aging benefits are well-documented.
In several clinical studies14,15 visible effects have been demonstrated after just one month of use. Peptan can counteract the effects of aging and promote a more youthful appearance by boosting and restructuring the skin’s collagen network from within. By stimulating the production of hyaluronic acid, Peptan also offers skin hydration benefits.
The nerdy stuff
- Watanabe-Kamiyama, M., et al., 2010, Absorption and effectiveness of orally administered low molecular weight collagen hydrolysate in rats. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 58:835-841.
- Jiang, J.X. et al., 2014, Collagen peptides improve knee osteoarthritis in elderly women: a 6-month randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Agro FOOD Industry Hi Tech, 25:19-23
- Dar, Q.A. et al., 2016, Oral hydrolyzed type 1 collagen induces chondroregeneration and inhibits synovial inflammation in murine posttraumatic osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, 24:S532–S533
- Guillerminet, F. et al., 2010, Collagen Peptides Improves Bone Metabolism and Biomechanical Parameters in Ovarietomized Mice: an In-Vitro and In Vivo Study. Bone, 46:827-834
- Guillerminet, F. et al., 2012, Hydrolyzed collagen improves bone status and prevents bone loss in ovariectomized C3H/HeN mice. Osteoporosis International, 23(7):909-1919
- Daneault, A. et al., 2014, Hydrolyzed collagen contributes to osteoblast differentiation in vitro and subsequent bone health in vivo. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, 22:S131
- Daneault, A. et al., 2015, Biological effect of hydrolyzed collagen on bone metabolism. Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, 10:1040-8398
- Hays N.P. et al., 2009, Effects of whey and fortified collagen hydrolysate protein supplements on nitrogen balance and body composition in older women. Journal of the American Dietetic Association, 109:1082-1087.
- 9 Paddon-Jones, D. et al., 2004, Potential Ergogenic Effects of Arginine and Creatine Supplementation. The Journal of Nutrition, 134(10):28885-28945.
- Clark, K.L. et al., 2008, 24-week study on the use of collagen hydrolysate as a dietary supplement in athletes with activity-related joint pain. Current medical research and opinion, 24(5):485-1496.
- Wienicke, E., 2011, In: Performance Explosion in Sports – an anti-doping concept. Meyer&Meyer Fachverlag und Buchhandel GmbH, ISBN-10: 1841263303
- Minaguchi, J. et al., 2005, Effects of ingestion of collagen peptide on collagen fibrils and lycosaminoglycans in Achilles tendon. Journal of Nutritional Science and Vitaminology, 51:169-174
- Shaw, G. et al., 2016, Vitamin C-enriched gelatin supplementation before intermittent activity augments collagen synthesis. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, doi:10.3945/ajcn.116.138594
- Asserin, J. et al., 2015, The effect of oral collagen peptide supplementation on skin moisture and the dermal collagen network: evidence from an ex vivo model and randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trials. Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, 14:291-301. doi:10.1111/ jocd.12174
- Borumand, M. et al., 2014, Daily consumption of the collagen supplement Pure Gold Collagen® reduces visible signs of aging. Clinical Interventions in Aging, 9:1747-1758