The PMS Bite
Pickup available at 28 Montague Drive
Usually ready in 24 hours
Chocolate is great around that time of the month, but is it enough? We know how rough PMS (premenstrual syndrome) and PMDD (premenstrual dysphoric disorder) symptoms can be, so we've tried to make it just a little easier with The PMS Bite.
The PMS Bite focuses on the most common symptoms of PMS:
- The bad mood (that we won't talk about) with feelings of depression, anger and anxiety.
- The awful cramps that cut right through you.
- The bloating and water retention that makes you feel fat just when you can't handle it.
- The unexplained pains in the back, the flushing and all the others that make you feel old and cranky.
We took our tasty, healthy dark chocolate, that you were craving anyway, and added magnesium, l-theanine, taurine and vitamin B6. The added goodies focus on all the things that stop you feeling at your best, and the chocolate, well, it's chocolate, COME ON!
You could call in sick, turn on Sex and The City and hide from the world again, or even worse POWER THROUGH like the girl boss you are, or you could have a PMS Bite. In fact have 5.
If you're curious how we came up with this, we put our smart glasses on, headed to the sciencey part of the internet and read the studies. And this is what we found:
A study  on magnesium and vitamin B6 showed it helped in four primary ways for premenstrual syndrome symptoms:
- Feelings of depression, crying, dejection, inclination to remain at home, anger, forgetfulness, insomnia, and inability to concentrate.
- Feelings of anxiety including nervous tension, irritability, and anxiety.
- Water retention including breast pain and tenderness, lower extremity water retention, period bloating, and abdominal discomfort.
- Symptoms of feeling cold, nausea, urination frequency, flushing, low back pain, headache, acne, greasy skin, arthralgia, and muscular pain.
Another study showed one of the main causes of PMS symptoms is excess estrogen, which is processed out by the liver. Taurine helps cleanse the liver.  It also makes you feel good by stimulating GABA receptors.
Then we looked up l-theanine which is amazing at improving mood and anxiety, but in PMS it helps for irritability and anger, and for crying and mood swings.